Summer food routine: tips to always be hydrated
In the middle of summer, the heat hinders your work a lot, affecting yours as well eating habits . With the temperature rising you feel dehydrated and low on energy , your body is constantly looking for systems to cool down, you feel like eating light and above all healthy. It is essential to follow one food routine daily to face the summer while maintaining the right hydration.
What is the summer food routine to follow?
In the middle of summer, to always stay hydrated and follow an adequate diet, you can let yourself be inspired by our advice!
Maintain proper hydration
Young people usually consume more carbonated drinks during the summer, but all the experts agree that water is a smarter choice because it is free of sugars and carbon dioxide. Water plays an important role in the human body's thermoregulatory system prevents dehydration , while also helping to avoid putting on unnecessary calories. Excellent thirst-quenchers in the summer are undoubtedly the fresh lime juice and coconut water .
Eat lots of fruits and vegetables
Summer is the season that offers a great variety of fresh fruits and vegetables. For this reason you must take advantage of it. Include at least two portions of fruit and vegetables in your summer food routine. This is a very healthy way to too take care of your skin which will benefit from the vitamins and mineral salts contained in these foods.
Fruit smoothies and milk shakes they are simple to prepare: just put some cut fruit and milk in the blender so you can have a healthy and complete snack.
Fresh vegetables cooked in a pan and rich salads they are tasty options that do not weigh down and above all low in calories.
Eating lots of fresh salads during the summer months is a great idea because they are quick and easy to prepare and are important for keeping yourself hydrated at all times .
It's important, though, to pay attention to the type and amount of dressings you use in salads. A fresh condiment based on lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil it will be much healthier than a creamy, high-calorie mayonnaise-based dressing! So pay attention also and above all to the condiments!
Don't forget the yogurt
In addition to being delicious and fresh, yogurt brings calcium, vitamins and minerals essential for the body in summer. Eating a yogurt before sunbathing helps prevent dehydration .
Get the right amount of protein
Many people tend to reduce their protein intake during the hottest months of the year, and it's normal because the body doesn't feel the need for so much meat in hot weather. However, proteins cannot be missing in the summer food routine . They cover an important part of your diet and they help keep hair healthy , which is not easy in the summer months.
The foods that must never be missing to always be hydrated
At the end of a good and proper hydration never forget to eat the following foods:
- Yogurt: great coolant. It can be eaten alone, in the form of ice cream or together with fruit during a meal. With yogurt you can make delicious desserts, but combined with cut fruit and a little sugar it is an excellent refreshing meal.
- Coconut water. The coconut is full of substances beneficial to health and has surprising refreshing properties. It contains simple sugars, electrolytes and minerals that help keep the body well hydrated.
- Watermelon and melon. These are fruits extremely rich in water . They are very fresh but, above all, they fill you up without giving that annoying feeling of heaviness in the stomach.
- Vegetable rich in fiber and water and, therefore, it will keep you hydrated and help you fight constipation. You can add them to salads or eat them like this throughout the day when you feel the need to munch on something. Sprinkled with salt, pepper and lime, it makes a good substitute for any summer snack.
- Mint, easily available and cheap aromatic herb that can be used in sauces, to season courgettes and for make refreshing drinks . Thanks to its refreshing power, it is the basis of various summer condiments.
- onions, they contain incredible refreshing properties. They are a must in different dishes and they help keep your body hydrated . They also protect you from sunstroke.
- With fresh lime you can prepare some fresh and healthy summer drinks . Salty or sweet with a hint of ground cumin and mint, it's perfect for beating the heat.